Note: The following information is almost final.
- C: gcc version 3.4.4
- C++: g++ version 3.4.4
- Java: Sun JDK version 1.5.0
Sun workstations, Solaris 10, with the Common Desktop Environment (CDE).
Keyboards have Swedish layout. We will provide commands to switch
back and forth between Swedish and US layout in software (i.e.,
You may bring your own keyboard, however, please note:
- We use Sun Blade 1500, which (only) have USB connectors for
- We will do what we can to make your keyboard work, but we
cannot guarantee that it will.
- You need to turn in your keyboard at registration. We will
connect it for you. You are not allowed to connect your keyboard
(or anything else) to the computer yourself.
- Chances are much better of things working if you bring a Sun Type 6
(USB) keyboard (but we still make no guarantees!).
- If you bring a keyboard, you will probably also need to give us an
xmodmap file if you want the mapping from the keyboard keys to
characters appearing on the screen to be correct.
- If you intend to bring a keyboard, please contact us as soon
as possible, telling us what type of keyboard you are
- ed - the standard text editor
- emacs 21.3/xemacs 21.1.14
- vi/vim 6.3
- Eclipse 3.1 will be available since it has been requested,
but it is not supported. There are some bugs when using it
for C/C++ development.
- SciTE 1.66 will be available since it has been requested. It was compiled without
lua scripting support. It is provided as-is and is not well-tested
or supported (i.e. use it at your own risk).