The portal is down due to hardware problems. We are working on fixing it as soon as we can.
Artificial intelligence, ai12
The course gives a broad overview of the problems and methods
studied in the field of artificial intelligence.
Please check out the Signup section in the menu to the left to sign up for he course.
All dynamic information related to the course (homework assignment specifications, handin, results, project, lecture notes, FAQ, etc) is managed via the course portal at http://dd2380.csc.kth.se. To log into the portal you need a login/password which we will send to you when you have signed up. If you have not been given login information after the course starts and you have signed up, please contact the teacher at one of the lectures.
The help sessions which are marked RS will be in the seminar room 22:an which is on teh 3rd floor at Teknikringen 14
Please respect the code of honour.
- Lecturer / responsible
- Xavi Gratal
- Alessandro Pieropan
- Johannes Stork
After completing this course the student will be able to
- analyse and solve problems involving various forms of search algorithms, including the design of heuristic functions to improve the efficiency of such solutions
- formulate and process knowledge in propositional and first-order logic
- formulate and solve problems with uncertain information using Bayesian approaches
- explain the basics for communication between agents and work with grammars to parse and generate languages and compute models for probabilistic language processing.
- develop systems that utilize artificial intelligence
- develop, analyse and critically assess different solutions
- solve a complicated task with limited resources in the form of time and computations
- assess the quality of the work of others
- solve problems both individually and in groups
- presenting results both in writing and orally
in order to
- make use of methods from artificial intelligence in the analysis, design and implementation of computer programs in academic as well as industrial applications
- in an appropriate way present results and solutions
The course literature is
Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach by Stuart J. Russell and Peter Norvig, 3rd edition, ISBN 9780132071482 (available at the KTH bookstore)
The rest of the information can be found at the course portal http://dd2380.csc.kth.se