DT2400 Electroacoustics, 7.5 hp
Svante Granqvist PhD
The electroacoustics course is given in Swedish and the course literature is in Swedish. At request, the examination can be given in english.
After fulfilling the course the participants should
- be oriented about what you can hear, and what you can not
- be familiar with the meaning of basic acoustic quantities
- be able to do basic acoustic calculus, for instance to
estimate sound level, reverberation time, or loudspeaker directivity
- understand the principles of function and design for sound transducers, and be able to perform basic measurements and calculus on them
- be oriented about different systems for sound reproduction
- be oriented about ultrasound technology and what makes this differ from audio technology
Basic telecommunications theory, in particular circuit theory and
computation with complex numbers
Auditory perception and its limitations. General theory of waves. Mechanical and acoustical impedance elements. Analog circuits for electrical, mechanical, and acoustical systems. The basic transduction
equations for electromechanical two-ports. Loudspeakers and microphones. Mechanical, optical och magnetical sound recording. Ultrasound technology. Methods of measurement.
Approved written examination and practical laborations.
Liljencrants, Granqvist: Kompendium i Elektroakustik, KTH 2004, (in Swedish), with exercises.